Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Weekly Blog Activity Week 5

I learned a lot about storyboarding. Storyboarding is the foundation of your website. It is important to visualize your website and then write down your plan. You can storyboard using software programs, post-it notes, and even on scraps of papers. It is all about organizing your information. The layout should be logical and should be reviewed often until you get your message the way you want everyone who visits your website to receive or view it.


There are key questions that a designer should ask himself/herself. They are: 1) What do I want my visitors to know here? 2) What do I want my visitors to feel right now? 3) Where do I want my visitors to go next? 4) What di I want my visitors to do at this point? All angles and perspectives should be looked. Be sure that your website covers your objectives and that you have contingency plans.


There are two ways to storyboard. The "top down" approach consists of putting the home page box on top and the rest of the boxes below will represent the rest of the site. The "build up" approach consists of the designer starting at the bottom of the pyramid if he or she has several ideas for user outcomes. Boxes are placed above the bottom acting as pages or layers to support specific choices the user may make. There is an art and science to making web pages and it is important to know your HTML tags as well as images to getting the design you want that will attract visitors to your site.

No comments:

Post a Comment