Wednesday, October 14, 2009

About My Website Weekly blog activity

My website will be about vacationing without traveling too far or paying a lot of money. I like the idea presented to me about calling it "Staycation" because there are many places you can visit close to home at little cost and still have the feeling that you have been somewhere. With the economy in its current state, people don't have the resources to travel or take vacations wherever they want. I want to show them that you can have fun with your family in places that are "in your backyard" and not go broke.



I chose this topic because for the first time last year I actually did something while on my vacation/shut-down on my job. For the first time I was able to do things that I never did before and it didn't cost me a lot of money, nor did I have to go far to do these things. It was a vacation at "home" and I enjoyed the time with my friends and family and didn't go broke. I want to share my experiences with the visitors of my site.



The images will come from pictures I took while staycationing at the various places. I want the color scheme to have a welcoming effect where visitors will "feel "like they went to the islands or someplace far and had fun with their family and/or friends. I intend to use FrontPage at the school to do my website.



My objective is to have my visitors appreciate the different things there are to do when they are on vacation, without having to spend a lot of money. Just because our country is currently in a poor economic state, it doesn't mean that you can't enjoy good times with your loved ones while we are recovering. I plan to use links to the places I visited as well as pictures from my staycation and hope that it will prompt visitors to take advantage of what we have here at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment