Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Final Blog for Web Design.

This has been such a fun and interesting learning experience for me. I learned how to create a website live and using software applications. It is important to use the CRAP principles and pay attention to the content used in your webpages. You want all visitors to be able to use your website and get the message you are trying to send. Photoshop was great! I always wanted to do different things with my photos and now I know how to add different effects and load them into a website. Everything I learned will help me design a website for my sideline business in the future and I will also be able to give some insight to my Pastor about our current church website. I learned a lot of different computer terms that I didn't know and I enjoyed learning HTML. All of it was wonderful and I am glad I took the course. There are so many skills I learned in such a short time that I can share with other people.

I did my websites using FrontPage and Webnode. I liked FrontPage because I could control just about all apsects of my website. There was more freedom to make design it the way I wanted it to be. Webnode was great also. The only thing is that there was not too much control over where I wanted to put different things in my website. For instance, the header was the same on all pages. With FrontPage I could change the headers to whatever I wanted. Also with Webnode if I wanted to put writing under a picture, I would have had to use PhotoShop first, save it, and then upload it. Using FrontPage allowed me to add whatever text I wanted to under the picture. Hyperlinks and photos measured about the same as far as putting them in the webpages.

My thoughts on both software applications is that it depends on what you want to convey to your visitors. If you want more control, you may want to use the traditional software applications because you can add tables and put your information and photos where you want. If you don't want as much control, use Web 2.0 applications. My website projects differ in the layout of my text and photos. No matter how I tried to make them look alike, it didn't work. Overall, I liked the experience I had using both types of applications. It gave me options that I will be able to use in the future when I design another website.

No comments:

Post a Comment